Hot off the Press:
Read the findings of our three year Family Life Project!
New FDSI publications:
- McConnell, D., Savage, A. & Breitkreuz, R. (2014). Resilience in families raising children with disabilities and behavior problems. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 35(4), 833-848.
- Breitkreuz, R., Wunderli, L., Savage, A. & McConnell, D. (2014). Rethinking resilience in families of children with disabilities: a socioecological approach. Community, Work & Family. DOI:10.1080/ 13668803.2014.89322
- Savage, A., McConnell, D., Emerson, E. & Llewellyn, G. (2014). Disability-based inequity in youth subjective well-being: Current findings and future directions. Disability & Society. DOI:10.1080/ 09687599.2014.880331
- Hodgetts, S., Nicholas, D., Zwaigenbaum, L., & McConnell, D. (2013). Parents’ and professionals’ perceptions of family-centered care for children with autism spectrum disorder across service sectors. Social Science & Medicine, 96, 138-146.
- Hyun, E., Hahn, L. and McConnell, D. (2013). Experiences of people with learning disabilities in the criminal justice system. British Journal of Learning Disabilities. DOI: 10.1111/bld.12076
Join the Special Interest Research Group (SIRG) on Parenting with Intellectual Disabilities
Learn more here
Visit the 'International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities' Parenting SIRG website
Download Plenary and invited presentations from the 2012 IASSID World Congress: July 9 - July 14, 2012 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada